Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 3: Clarke, Arthur C

Author: Clarke, Arthur C.

Status: Read before 

Genre(s): Science Fiction, Non-fiction

Books: 62 (Both fiction and non-fiction), as well as several short stories. Best known for 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Books Read: 2001: A Space Odyssey; 2010: Odyssey Two;  and Rendezvous with Rama.

Why Chosen: As one of the “Big Three” along with Heinlein and Asimov, I felt that he had to be included.

Thoughts:           
Pros: Well written books. The science of the books was researched, and explained.
Cons: Can be very heavy on the “science” elements, which I found could break up the pacing a bit and made it difficult to wade through, as I could get chunks of “this is how it works” when I just wanted to get on with the plot.

Would I read more of this author: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment